Monday, March 19, 2012

My top ten songs just cos.

My usual blog didn’t come out last Friday. Most of the time I have a month or two written in advance but not at the moment. I’m still writing but it is a bit deeper than my usual random thoughts. My friend read one of my draft posts and commented “that shits heavy,” which makes me think it may not be fit for consumption just yet. I would say public consumption but that would be incorrect, it’s the immediate people in my life that it is not fit for. Which is saying a lot if you've read most of my blogs. Don’t worry; I’m sure I’ll post it sooner or later. Stay tuned for some juicy stuff.

So Ke Garne? What to do? Well I thought I’d share my recent favourite music with you as it has become an integral part of my life. It gives me entertainment, inspires me to run and keeps me sane.

Looking back over the last 6 months my favourite artists have changed abruptly, corresponding with my surroundings. When I was living in London I would listen to Bob Marley every day, in India I only listened to LadyHawke and as I crossed the border into Nepal it was Coldplay Mylo Xyloto. Since returning to Australia it has thankfully become more diverse. Friendly fires was a stable for a month or so and is still a reoccurring player. Skrillex is a recent arrival as is Martin Solveig and Calvin Harris, all three aid my thirst for house music while running.

Below I’ve listed my top ten favourite songs of the moment. These are the songs that are on repeat on my ipod, again and again. On analysis I would say that all would be a positive vibe, a funky beat and something you could dance too. If you want to look deeper you could probably put a name or situation to each song, but I prefer the funky beats. Enjoy



Jamie Xx remix – Hip Love
Funky beat I can’t get enough of and memories of a relaxing weekend away.

Calvin Harris vs Steve Aoki – No beef feels so close
Who doesn’t love a good mash up? And Calvin Harris is a legend. “I wear my heart upon my sleeve, like a big deal”

Cassius - I <3 u so (Skream’s made Zdar feel like he was 20 again remix)
Love the old bytes throughout new dubstep sound. “I loved you so, but why I loved you I’ll never know.”

Martin Solveig – Hello
Pop that makes you smile - Also check out Big in Japan. “Yeah I think your cute but really you should know, I just came to say hello.”

Nu Nrg – Dreamland
Classic! Rave on

Skrillex – Breakn a sweat
Has an awesome bit about the future of music from a long time ago. Reminds me of pushing myself running or dancing too much. He was amazing at future music!

Knifeparty Vs Sweidsh house mafia – Antidote
Hardcore get into it music

Friendly fires – Jump in the pool
Love the optimism combined with trepidation. Often in my life I find myself standing on the edge, wanting to jump in the pool!

Morgan Page – Longest road (deadmau5 remix)
Another classic that always seems relevant to my life. “If you are so frequently in love… you go down the longest road to nowhere… got no need for wanderlust”

The wombats – Moving to New York
Who hasn’t had a week that’s made them want to move to New York? “I’ve just had the craziest week, like a party bag of lies, boozing and deceit…. I don’t know why I want to voice this out loud, it’s therapeutic somehow… ”

No comments:

Post a Comment