Sunday, July 24, 2011

GFC - Good for Cos

I'd like to start with a rebuttal. I'm not condoning the actions of greedy bankers or justifying the financial incompetence of those who borrow against over inflated equity... BUT...
The GFC has been really good for Cos.
In 2010 I quit my job, sold all of my belongings and started travelling around the world. It was great timing just because of the GFC.
The Australian dollar is higher than ever and less people are holidaying or travelling overseas, which means my savings buys me more, things are cheaper in tourist spots and also less crowded. Cheaper hotels, more flight specials, greater availabilities on tours... I've gotten much more from my savings than expected.

The other major pro is job security. Everyone seems scared for their job security, so there are less people job hunting for casual or contract jobs. Less full time employees are willing to change companies or do contract work. Which means contract work is easier to come by, pays more than full time work and pays higher than usual!

So I earn more when I work and my savings are worth more!

In summary, a global financial crisis is the BEST time to quit your job! What are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment